Below is the latest edition of my newsletter, released on Friday, September 9. If you’d like to receive my updates on what’s going on in the federal marketplace before anyone else does, please go to FrancisRose.com and put your email address in the box at the top of the home page.
Welcome back to the “real life” after the unofficial end of summer on Labor Day. I hope you’ve survived the traffic crush this week, and that you’re looking forward to cooler temperatures and less humidity than we’ve had recently. By the way, a former radio colleague told me once that if he were ever to become a weatherman, he’d use the name Les Humid.
Some updates on what I’ve been up to over the summer:
TV: GOVERNMENT MATTERS
Thanks to the great work of my colleagues George Jackson and Colby Hochmuth, Government Matters has quickly become the place to see the superstars of the federal government. Some of the interviews you may have missed over the summer:
…and that’s just since July 31!
- Monday through Friday at 8pm and 11pm on NewsChannel 8
- Sunday morning at 10:30 on ABC7 WJLA
- All shows and individual interviews posted at GovMatters.tv
RADIO: NATIONAL DEFENSE WEEK
My radio program continues to bring you news and analysis of the major issues DoD leaders are dealing with. On this week’s program:
- Lee Evey, Program Manager of the Pentagon Renovation Program from 1997 to 2002, on the Phoenix Project, a program that restored within one year the portion of the Pentagon damaged by the 9/11 attack;
- Paul Scharre of the Center for a New American Security on how the Navy can save $100B by moving toward uninhabited aircraft (drones) in combat missions;
- Sam LaGrone of USNI News on the latest breakdown of a Littoral Combat Ship, and the massive reorganization of the LCS program;
- and highlights of a hearing about the effectiveness of the office of the DoD Inspector General, with testimony from Rep. Ryan Zinke (R-Mont.), a retired Navy SEAL, and acting DoD Inspector General Glenn Fine.
Some highlights from the summer:
…and many more!
- Sunday mornings at 11am on WMAL, 105.9 FM and 630 AM in DC area
- Podcast via iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn Radio, and other podcast platforms
- All show episodes and individual interviews posted at NationalDefenseWeek.com
With everyone getting back to work after summer’s end, the event calendar is already filling up. If you’re coming to one of these events, look me up!
Sept. 14: Smithsonian/AT Kearney America@250 gala (attending)
Sept. 15: Pentagon Facebook Live with USA Patrick Murphy (recording for 9/18 National Defense Week)
Sept. 20: Partnership for Public Service’s Service to America Medals gala (attending)
Sept. 27: Webinar: Unlocking the Potential of Government Data (moderating/hosting)
Sept. 29: AFFIRM lunch: Presidential Transition 2016: A 360-Degree View (moderating)
Oct. 4: CTOVision’s Synergy Forum (moderating)
Oct. 23-25: ACT-IAC’s Executive Leadership Conference (moderating/hosting)
Nov. 17: Government IT Sales Summit (moderating)
If you would like some help with your event, please let me know what you need!
Best wishes, and have a great fall!